Monday, May 9, 2011

Is MORGANZA ( Morgan Welborn ) Telling the Truth?

So WHAT really Happened?

MORGANZA ( Morgan Welborn ) Has made some pretty serious claims. We would like to follow up on this and see if we can uncover what happened and why!

According to MORGANZA'S ( Morgan Welborn ) posts on his sites, it all went down like this?

"Back in 1999 I got a contract signed with Kirk Lindo at BrainStorm Comics to draw pin-up's for a few books, I was promised payment after the books hit the shelves, as the story goes Kirk Lindo stopped returning my phone calls and letters sent by Mail. He just disappeared. I drew over 30+ pin-up's and later found out he sold everyone of them on Ebay and kept that money on top of publishing my work. I even tried to file a small claims case, but he no longer (or never did0 have an office at the address in the comic, so I really had no recourse."

We here at I LOVE MY COMICS would like to help you, MORGANZA ( Morgan Welborn ). Since YOU chose a public forum here to "help other artists" could you please give us some more actual details? Feel free to post your answers here and we can go from there. For example?

#1- WHO are you? What is your real name? It would help a great deal deal in getting the other questions answered. That way we we can address you by your real name. There doesn't seem to be any published work anywhere by anyone named MORGANZA. What is your real name? or what was the name you used when you did this deal. I mean... were you contracted as MORGANZA?
* He has given his answer. His name is Morgan Welborn! He does not use his real name when he posts on any blogs or websites, just Morganza.  

#2-  In WHAT comic(s) was the work in question published? "pin-ups for a few books" is a bit vague.
* Morganza ( Morgan Welborn ) Has given his answer to this question: 

Vamperotica Pin-Up Special #1

Vamperotica Illustrated #1-3

Buxotica #1

#3- Exactly HOW much are you owed? What you wrote above is kind of vague, well actually you don't say at all! If you don't know then maybe you can make an estimate. Wait a minute, If you filed a small claim, then how much did you file for?
* Still no answer from Morganza ( Morgan Welborn )

#4- Exactly HOW much art did you do? "30+" is again just a wee bit vague. Was it 31?, 35? 37? Was it even 30? was it really less than 30? If so how much less? My goodness, all this speculation is tiresome. Please tell us if you even know! How many images DID you do?
* Still no accurate answer from Morganza ( Morgan Welborn )
According to him his work was published in:

Vamperotica Pin-Up Special #1 (7 pin-up's)

Vamperotica Illustrated #1-3 [No credit] (Unknown number of pin-up's)

Buxotica #1a Cover artist + (13 Pin-ups)

Hmmm. According to the answer you gave you only know for certain that 20 images were published. Wow! thats about 10+ shy of the 30+ number that you claim. "Unkown number of pin-up's"  Do you mean that you really have no idea what work was published. Don't you know your own art when you see it?

So here we are, just 2 questions (sort of ) answered and already the story has discrepancy's. I wonder what else we would find out if Morganza ( Morgan Welborn) answered the rest of the questions. We may never know because I promise you that he will not answer ALL of the questions.  

#5- Is there any reason that you can think of why the dealings went bad? I mean, did you turn in the work on time? Did you do the work to the specs you were given? We know that is was a long time ago (1999) 12 years! And forgive me but yet again, you don't really mention if that was the case, that you did in fact do the work as contracted. We have an idea what his answer would be to this but we don't think he will ever answer this question.
* Still no answer from Morganza ( Morgan Welborn ) 




**MORGANZA ( MORGAN WELBORN ) HAS BLOCKED US FROM POSTING REPLIES AND GIVING OUR SIDE OF THE STORY ON HIS SITES, THEREFORE HE IS NO LONGER PERMITTED TO POST HERE.**

3 comments:

  1. I never missed a deadline. The only problem You had with my first 4 pin up's was how the hair was drawn and you sent me reference so I can get it right, and you even complemented my work after that.

    There was no notice or verbal indication that I would be or was ever fired.

    Publishers like you should be out of business, you have no morals or ethics, and I have a fountain of support of claims against you that will be published soon. You brought this on yourself, and I expect you won't go down without kicking and screaming, but you will. Doesn't matter how old the claims are either, it is a pattern of your behavior that will be established and up for public record.

    Also, I claimed $3.000.00 on my small claim, and was just for all the pin-up's you sold on Ebay and kept the money. That's $100 per page, but I would settle for $1500 if you offered it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is that that you are so hell bent on bringing other people into your situation with Mr. Lindo? Can't you stand on your own two feet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not just my situation, haven't you been listening?

    ReplyDelete